Mission & Goals
The mission of the Office of Adult Students and Extended Services is to assist in recruiting and retaining a diverse, adult student population through advising and offering services for prospective undergraduate adult students.
The 49er Finish Program Objectives are to:
- Recruit former UNC Charlotte students, who meet program criteria, to re-enroll and complete their degree at UNC Charlotte.
- Retain 49er Finish students who are actively enrolled at the university through quality services and programs.
- Support 49er Finish students toward degree completion through personalized academic advising on readmission. This may include, but is not limited to: re-enrollment requirements, general education requirements, current academic policies and procedures, connecting the student with the appropriate academic department and campus resources.
- Work collaboratively with academic and administrative departments to assist students in timely degree completion.
- Promote professional development through career assessments, workshops, and individual consultation.
Our long-terms goals are to continue to champion students in returning to complete their undergraduate degree using innovative marketing strategies, personalized style advising, and collaboration with internal and external partners.