Can I take classes at another school if it isn’t offered at UNC Charlotte?

Categories: Course Offerings, FAQs

The Greater Charlotte Consortium (GCC) is a cross-town course registration consortium that allows students to take classes at other consortium member institutions when the class is not offered at the student’s home institution. Students must be enrolled full-time at their home institution to participate in the GCC. For additional information and a list of the participating institutions, please visit the consortium website:

UNC Online is a consortium of UNC system schools who offer online and hybrid degree options in one place. If you cannot find an online course that you need at UNC Charlotte, you may find an online course in the UNC System. Consult with an academic advisor before enrolling in a course offered by another institution.

Any student taking courses at other institutions must complete a Transient Study Form with the Office of the Registrar prior to enrolling. Students may be unable to take courses elsewhere due to university policy and must consult their advisor and department for eligibility before doing so.